Monday, December 9, 2013

Reflection of Perception on Educational Technologies


            Overall, I would say that over the course of this term my perception of educational technologies hasn’t really changed. I still believe that the use of technology within a classroom atmosphere should be limited. The use of technology shouldn’t dominate the entire curriculum. In other words, I believe that a balance needs to be implemented within the educational system. While it is good to use technology in some instances, in others in might not have a positive outcome. I think
that technology shouldn’t been the most important part of the classroom. There are more important things for students to learn, instead of just staring at a screen for most of the school day. Students still need to learn the social skills that are so important over the course of their lifetime. I believe that students will not learn these skills if they are forced to look at a screen. However, I still think that technology should still be used as a tool within the that can push learning even further. It can bring about new ideas and understanding for the students. Technology is also another way for students to learn. Not everybody learns in the same way, but technology can potentially help with this problem.
            In conclusion, this class has made me realize that technology can be a good thing for a classroom if implemented in the correct way. There hasn’t been much research done at this time that has proven that the use of technology has a positive impact on the students that use it. It will be very interesting to see if in the future technology will still be this popular within the school system. Hopefully, somewhere along the way the educational system will begin to use technology in moderation.

No comments:

Post a Comment